Linux Kiss Server
This project was primarily intended for personal purpose.
I couldn't make any of available kiss linux servers work with my new Kiss DP-600 player in a way I would imagine so
I found kissd simple kiss daemon by Alexandre Becoulet which is really simple and clear code to understand and fixed it up
and added some more features. Linux Kiss Server (LKS) works with Kiss DP-600 but I think it should work with any other Kiss player as well.
Features: (all features tested with DP-600 model fw 3.0.14)
LKS 1.2.1 NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FOR NOKIA N800 (OS2008 Diablo)
- makes selected direcotory accessible for Kiss player
- can run either as a daemon or in foreground
- can answer Kiss player queries for PC-LINK server
- can disable UDP binding at all (doesn't respond to Kiss player 'looking for PC-LINK server' queries)
- can overide default server port
- supports large files ( >2GB )
Latest stable version is 1.2.1 (released in 20080504) - Source Download - One Click instal for Nokia N800 (SO2008 Diablo compatible) - changelog
Please let me know what Kiss player you are running with LKS and how it works.
You can use this forum for your feedback, questions, ideas etc..
- last.fm support (sending mp3 tags to user's profile)
- large image resizing to save player's resources
- verbose levels with log options (syslog,file)
- access list for different Kiss clients (what folders can they access)
- client part(simple first,further QT gui?) what would monitor server activity online
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at shamot AT kilian DOT no-ip DOT org